I am going to pontificate.
I have had lots of thoughts running through my head lately, and I want to share them, but I am not "good with words", so please bear with me.
Change is hard... Especially when we have been living a certain way for (cough cough) 30 some-odd years. But as we grow up (which we need to do) we learn things that can better ourselves and we need to implement these things. So, my challenge is that we make a few small changes in our diet--small at first, and then gradually add, grow, etc... A few changes we have made that I feel make a difference (and a difference in our attitude about food) are:
1) Change to whole wheat bread. This may be hard cause kids may be used to white, etc... But you can just buy one loaf, or try making homemade for a week. Then buy your normal bread, then the next week try better bread, etc... One trick I learned is that you want your bread to have more grams of fiber than sugar. That is what I look for on the label.
2) Change to whole wheat pasta. We made this a gradual change, too. I put in "normal" spaghetti and added a little wheat to it. The next time I put in more wheat spaghetti... until finally we just do wheat pasta!
3) Change to brown rice. Kind of the same thing with the pasta.
4) Use olive oil Mayo. We like sandwiches, fry sauce, ranch dressing, etc, and although we still shouldn't intake tons of mayo, at least it is olive oil Mayo! Caution, it doesn't stir/mix as well, but it is fine.
5) Use less butter/oil in recipes. I will leave it out completely sometimes. It really isn't needed in lots of things. Try leaving it out, it doesn't make that big of a difference.
K, those are my five simple changes that are easy to make. I think I thought I was going to write more, but that is enough for now. Let's comment!
(PS, Scott ran a triathlon yesterday--1 hour 25 minutes! My work out: I took the kids out and we cheered for him!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This svelte sister has this to say...
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.